High School Junior Pathways
Rise Together offers 12-week programming for High School Juniors before (Summer) and during (Fall/ Spring) of their junior year. Programming consists of intensive assistance with the college search, standardized test prep, homework and tutoring sessions, and social/ emotional development and support.
Junior Programming (Fall/ Spring)
Week 1-4: Identity Development and Exploration
- Academic course review and map out of the remainder of your high school experience
- Explore how you see yourself and ways you want to grow your junior and senior year
- Explore the areas you are most interested in studying and discover areas you may not have considered
- Identify which colleges would be the best fit for you, your values, hobbies, and personality
- Participate in targeted leadership training workshops that focus on accountability and communication
- Resume building
- Search for and identify junior fly-in and college prep-programs at leading colleges and university
- Financial literacy workshops
- Identify and apply for summer jobs, internships, and research experiences
- By the end of the 12-weeks begin a working draft of your college personal essay. You will adapt the essay throughout your junior year and summer leading up to your senior year. The senior program will focus on QuestBridge, Posse, scholarships/ financial aid and college specific applications.